I’ve been reflecting on my previous post and I’ve came up with some ideas that I want to work on for myself. I’ve realized that I am definitely reliant on my partner for a part of my happiness and I want to be able to make myself happy too. I know that life is more than just relying on one person. It’s not that I don’t love him, I just want to be able to make myself just as happy as he makes me. Here is my list of changes I’m planning on making:
1. I’m going to manage my dinner every night. I know that this might sound simple, but I’ve been partly reliant on my partner for dinner and I cannot do that anymore. I want to have all of my food ready for me and I want to eat the best food possible. I also don’t want to worry about not having anything. I’m a grown woman and I need to start being completely responsible for this.
2. I’m going to start taking more financial responsibilities. I hate the idea of being reliant on other people because I want to become completely self-sufficient. Unfortunately, in order to do this, I will have to just start doing it. I will learn how to do this and eventually, it will become easier and easier to do.
3. I’m going to live my life regardless of the limitations I have. I have been isolating myself in my room because of the fear of other people judging me. I’m going to simply stop caring. I cannot let myself be pulled back by other people. There are so many things I’ve wanted to do, but I don’t because of other people. My life is still going and I don’t want to waste my time over other people.
4. I’m going to start saving money. I’ve realized over the years that money speaks more than words can. Someone can say mean things about me, but it wouldn’t matter if I had money and I was self-sufficient. I need to start making a savings account that I can fall back on. I want to be able to have money to take care of myself. And it will definitely help when people try to talk down to me because I know that their words won’t matter. I am someone and I will be fine just by myself.
5. I’m going to work harder on school. My education will change everything for me and I need to remember that this is my priority. I have a whole lifetime to be with my partner and I will have dinner with him every night in the future. Our future will be great. I have to remember that.
Of course, these goals are highly influenced by my own life, but I hope it can give everyone some perspective on their own lives. I’m still learning and I am going to continue on improving myself every day.